T1 vs. T2 Opening Strategy

10 years ago
xXNorthWeaponXxxXNorthWe… CaptainPosts: 132 ✭✭✭
First I'd like to say that I usually play 4v4 and this strategy works superb in larger gametypes. I originally started with this strategy to counter that pesky Soviet Industry with its ridiculous T70 and T34 spam.

I start with 2 pioneers. I make a fuel cache on my first point immediately in order to shorten the time it requires to escalate to T2, build the T2 building, and make an Armored Car. This additionally benefits the team as a whole and allows them to make tanks really quick. By the the time the Armored Car rolls out, which I make after my first Panzer Grenadier, I upgrade it to 20mm Cannon Autocannon.

At this point I have a mechanized unit to counter any kind of Sniper or Scout Car Strategy. I smile when the enemy rolls out Scout Cars with flamers on them, or when I see an Maxim/DHSK opening.

The Armored Car becomes pretty useless once T34s or ZiS Cannons come out, yes, but it's definitely worth the very cheap price.

Panzer Grenadiers are extremely lethal and make paste out of everything in the game. I upgrade them with Shrecks around when T70s come out. They make paste out of these light tanks as well. Essentially this means I have both great Anti-Infantry and Anti-Armor capabilities from the start.

Of coarse, if I suspect the enemy to spam tanks, I can always make a Pak 40.

What do you guys think? T1 or T2 start is more adequate?

Comments

10 years ago
    TomaSkTemplarTomaSkTem… Junior Lieutenant Posts: 1,981
    This works if your enemies arent super-aggressive to punish you for building an OP, however for inf it takes too long especially on city 17 to reach, that is unless you directly go forward until you meet resistance.
    10 years ago
    RounceRounce Major Posts: 633
    Try it in 1v1, if it works then its good if not, then LOL
    10 years ago
    daspoulosdaspoulos Junior Lieutenant Posts: 2,609
    This strat entirely revovles around the AC if you lose that then you have lost a huge advantage, the SC is nowhere near as good as before because before at vet 2 it would get the .45 damage modifier which prevented it from getting instakilled by guards or Zis but this strat is too risky along with the fact that pgrens (though incredibly good) have extremely high reinforcement cost which necessitates you don't take many losses or else you wont have any manpower for more than around 2 pgrens, to pios, and a SC if you keep it alive.
    10 years ago
    xXNorthWeaponXxxXNorthWe… Captain Posts: 132 ✭✭✭
    daspoulos wrote: »
    This strat entirely revovles around the AC if you lose that then you have lost a huge advantage, the SC is nowhere near as good as before because before at vet 2 it would get the .45 damage modifier which prevented it from getting instakilled by guards or Zis but this strat is too risky along with the fact that pgrens (though incredibly good) have extremely high reinforcement cost which necessitates you don't take many losses or else you wont have any manpower for more than around 2 pgrens, to pios, and a SC if you keep it alive.

Hmm... Armored Car is definitely great. I hate it when they get AT grenades or ZiS Gun up early.

You think Mechanized Assault Doctrine would be good for this strategy? T2 start would work fine with it since you have those Assault Grenadiers to begin with
    10 years ago
    xXNorthWeaponXxxXNorthWe… Captain Posts: 132 ✭✭✭
    daspoulos wrote: »
    forgive me but is that the doc with the 250 halftrack with no mg with a grenadier. Would be better if it wasnt so damn expensive. Not much different strategy except you can unload units behind enemy lines but all at the cost of heavy fuel.

Go to this link about this argument for the expensive 250. You might like it, it's very interesting.

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/coh-2-balance-feedback/9663-sd-kfz-250-halftrack-panzer-grenadier-squad-grenadier-lmg-squad