Map/world editor coming but will there be Steam workshop.

10 years ago
BadMeatBadMeat MajorPosts: 333 ✭✭✭✭✭
We have all heard by now that the Map/World editor will be coming in the patch, but there has been no mention of wether or not this means that steam workshop will be added to the game.

There needs to be a simple way for users to input there fav maps into the game. Having steam workshop makes sense as the game has to be launched from within the steam app. I would not like to have to load up a third party software to add maps or have to browse my file folders ( i'm lazy I know) to copy & paste stuff in their correct locations etc.

Looking forward to some new user made maps even though I am no mapmaker myself, & a big thank you to the dev's for getting the game moving forwards another step in the right direction.

Comments

10 years ago
    eliw00deliw00d General-Major Posts: 1,081
    There was a recent article that someone pointed out to me in a different forum that gives some possible insight on this matter.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/04/company-of-heroes-2-turning-point-update-detailed-launching-for-free-next-week/

Here is the tl;dr version:
    In a statement, Relic Entertainment executive producer Greg Wilson said, “We are excited to provide such a large content update to Company of Heroes 2 players. We are particularly proud to offer our community the much sought-after World Builder and are hoping to provide Steam Workshop integration and other mod features in the near future.”
    10 years ago
    NounNoun Relic Community Manager Posts: 296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The intention is to have Steam Workshop integration. Since this will be our first time working with it we're moving a little bit slower and more carefully. Creative Assembly has used it in a few games now I believe, so they can move a bit quicker.
    10 years ago
    James HaleJames Hale Beta Tester Posts: 2,026
    Slow and steady wins the race. Just get it right, and make sure it does happen. Steam Workshop combined with -dev mode and World Builder will make this game really shine. :)
    10 years ago
    eliw00deliw00d General-Major Posts: 1,081
    @Noun
    Take all the time you need, and if you guys need any input from the community, I am sure we would be happy to oblige. :)
    10 years ago
    TriggerTrigger Junior Lieutenant Posts: 1
    Really looking forward to what the community can create with the world builder and the eventual Steam Workshop integration :) Any chance at all that CoH1 could also receive Steam Workshop love? It would be fantastic to be able to play vCOH with Steam friends on custom maps! Cheers!