Building Prices in Custom Maps

10 years ago
ArcasterArcaster Senior LieutenantPosts: 72 ✭✭
For some reason, when I launch a map I made in the Wordbuilder, the building prices are way more expensive (200 MP, 50 Fuel or so for the first German building). I made sure the map was multiplayer and made different maps to test this. I couldn't find anything in options. What am I missing? Anyone else have this issue?

Comments

10 years ago
    TheelTheel Junior Lieutenant Posts: 7
    Does the AI not build buildings? Also are you able to create abnormal units, etc? If so you are using an incorrect object for setup. Likely a depreciated object from CoH1.
    10 years ago
    ArcasterArcaster Senior Lieutenant Posts: 72 ✭✭
    I'm using the starting_position assigned to the players. The AI orders in units and captures, etc.
    10 years ago
    TheelTheel Junior Lieutenant Posts: 7
    You need:
    "starting_territory_team" (for each side)
    "starting_position_shared_territory" (for each player)
    "map_entry_point" (for each player)

Set the player assignment for the "starting_territory_team" to one of the players on the appropriate side. Usually Player 1 or Player 2.

It's very important to make sure you are assigning each group of "starting_territory_team" & "starting_position_shared_territory" to the same player assignment. And make sure you are actually assigning current selected, not default.

Don't forget to check and fix any issues with territory (Voronoi) after editing. Changing territory control objects will screw with Voronoi.

Finally don't forget to save and repackage!

Follow OnkelSam's video guide exactly and you'll get it right:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn8Qnrp4KPo

Hope that helps!

Helpful tip: use the "Player ownership coloring" button to toggle colors for player assignment for easy checking/debugging. The button is the 7th button from the right on the toolbar.