Custom Maps affecting player progression

10 years ago
SrinidhalayaSrinidhal… LieutenantPosts: 19 ✭✭✭✭
Is there any exact clarification on how custom maps will affect progression? Will maps need to be approved for player stats? Will there be a mode that doesn't affect player stats? I hated getting my online stats nerfed, just to do quick tests on my maps, in COH1.

Comments

10 years ago
    eliw00deliw00d General-Major Posts: 1,081
    My guess is that custom maps will more than likely not be considered mods, especially if Relic decides to go through with Steam Workshop support, as it would just add to the base game. But, that is just my guess. Hopefully, someone at Relic can give you a more definitive answer.
    10 years ago
    ValkyrieValkyrie General-Major Posts: 2,059
    I asked about map distribution on the twitch feed - Currently it's looking like any maps we make will either be: Between friends. Or: Reviewed and tested by Relic before it's released.

How this will affect stats for simple testing I dunno. It'd be horrible if we'd have to take hits to our stats simply because we want to test our own maps.
    10 years ago
    KatitofKatitof Junior Lieutenant Posts: 5,229
    What online stats? You mean ladder? That is exclusively for automatch only.
    10 years ago
    eliw00deliw00d General-Major Posts: 1,081
    Well, hopefully they eventually move things over to Steam Workshop, which would allow for easier sharing of maps (and mods). If not, distributing and testing maps will probably work in the same way as it did for CoH1.
    10 years ago
    SrinidhalayaSrinidhal… Lieutenant Posts: 19 ✭✭✭✭
    Katitof wrote: »
    What online stats? You mean ladder? That is exclusively for automatch only.
    Not the ladder, but the commander rank? Now that I think about it, I don't think I've gotten penalties for losing against AI, but I haven't lost too much. I know in testing, I might start, and forfit a game 100 times or so, just to test specific issues. In COH1, it added up, and neg'd my vsAI rank pretty nasty.