Speed and Reaction

10 years ago
BeWeeBeWee LieutenantPosts: 19 ✭✭✭✭
I think that the speed and reaction time and speed of units is one of the worst thing when you compare CoH1 and 2. Every unit seem to respond slow and move so slow compared to vCoH and I think that this is one of the things that make CoH 2 feel much worse and more sluggish than vCoH. It was much more fast phased game play in vCoh, easier to advance, flank and change cover.

When I played vCoH the other day, the game felt so much more smooth and it had more flow to it.

I hope to see something done about this in an upcoming patch. Make the units react, move like in vCoH.

Same thing with units finding cower, it takes to long time for individual soldiers to get in position, and I hate when they change position to a much worse during a fight. Same thing when your trying to dodge a nade, its almost impossible to make a successful dodge because soldiers react like they where drunk.

Comments

10 years ago
    BeWeeBeWee Lieutenant Posts: 19 ✭✭✭✭
    I think that this is the biggest reason why I don't like CoH2 so much, the game is so slow in some way, hard to explain, it might be the animations. But the biggest reason is that I find it hard to micro play like I did in coh1.

If I tell a squad to throw a grenade, I want them to do it right away, not after 1,5 seconds.

If I tell a squad to move, they should move the moment I tell them to, not after doing a little dance on the spot...

I think that the developers really need to look in to this. Make it the same as it was in CoH 1, the same movement speed and reaction time...

It would be fun to see a comparison movie between the games, on reaction time and movement.
    10 years ago
    SPiiTFiiRE88SPiiTFiiR… Junior Lieutenant Posts: 8
    I don't think it is actual unit reaction as if you play a game vs AI the unit reaction is instant whereas you play online and it takes 1-2 seconds for a unit to follow a command which tells me it is input lag. It needs fixing badly
    10 years ago
    obamasmokezobamasmok… Senior Lieutenant Posts: 160 ✭✭✭
    This is input lag people it's what a bunch of us have been screaming on the forums since release and Relic does not mention it. They refuse to attempt to fix it
    10 years ago
    SpajNSpajN Senior Lieutenant Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    Im having a permanent break from coh2 until the input lag is fixed.. or if its never fixed im simply never playing the game again. When you play a game like starcraft and then come back to coh2 you simply just wanna rip your hair out in frustration when your units take up to 5 seconds to react to a command.
    10 years ago
    ValkyrieValkyrie General-Major Posts: 2,059
    Having read the leaked patch notes, assuming they're correct, this change might help:

"Unit Animation Behavior Modifications This change enables squads to fire within a 180 degree arc, better enabling them to engage other squads while executing combat maneuvers.

Squad Combat Behavior

· Entities can now fire within a 180 degree arc"

Whether or not the patch notes are correct, I have no idea.

It wouldn't fix input lag, but it would make squads more useful overall.