Using the World Builder

10 years ago
NounNoun Relic Community ManagerPosts: 296 ✭✭✭✭✭
Here are directions for using the World Builder, released yesterday as part of Company of Heroes 2's Turning Point Update.

1. You can start the WorldBuilder by running:
\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2 - Test Build\WorldBuilder_CoH_2.exe
2. You must save their scenario in:
\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2 - Test Build\CoH2\Data\Scenarios\MP\<MyScenario>
3. You can only create MP scenarios at this time.
4. If you run the following command from their Steam install folder:
Archive.exe -a CoH2\Archives\MPScenarios.sga -e CoH2\Data
The archive tool will extract all our MP maps, which you can then load to figure out how we’ve done things.
5. When you save their scenario it will generate a bunch of files, you can:
a. Edit the .options file in NotePad for more options.
b. Create a custom minimap by creating a file called <MyScenario>_mm_low.tga. If you add a boarder, the minimap_size in the .options file is the size in pixels of the playable area of the scenario (original size minus boarder size).
c. Create a custom preview by creating a file called <MyScenario>_mm_preview.tga. (Usually the same image as the minimap.)
d. Create a custom loading screen by creating a file called <MyScenario>_loading_background.tga.
6. You can create a Scenario Pack (an archive containing all scenario files including the custom ones named above) by going File->Export Package.
7. Any Scenario Packs in their …\My Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes 2\mods\scenarios\folder will be available in the Custom Match lobby.
8. All users must have the same Scenario Pack installed to be able to start a custom game.

Comments

10 years ago
    branimir1999branimir1… Lieutenant Posts: 33 ✭✭✭✭
    I am stuck on the second one. I open the worldbuilder and when I try to load a scenario, can't find one. My whole Data\Scenarios is empty. No idea how to load up a map.
    10 years ago
    RoutaloidRoutaloid Lieutenant Posts: 16 ✭✭✭✭
    I am stuck on the second one. I open the worldbuilder and when I try to load a scenario, can't find one. My whole Data\Scenarios is empty. No idea how to load up a map.

Ummm. you're supposed to make the scenarios with the world builder and save them in that folder right? It's empy if you haven't saved any scenarios there.
    10 years ago
    Ozric1975Ozric1975 Lieutenant Posts: 18 ✭✭✭✭
    The WB crashes...and i am not the only one having ths issue...

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: WorldBuilder_CoH_2.exe
    Application Version: 0.0.0.11349
    Application Timestamp: 528136e4
    Fault Module Name: WorldBuilder_CoH_2.exe
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.11349
    Fault Module Timestamp: 528136e4
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 001c4dd9
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1032
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

This message comes as soon as i launch the application...

Damn!!!! Was almost certain that something would go wrong...
    10 years ago
    carboni123carboni123 Junior Lieutenant Posts: 2
    Hay I have made a map and everything has worked but...
    - In game my points can not be captured ?
    - also the none playable area is just black
    Please reply to this so i can successfully make maps :)
    Also it would be really good if you made monthly competitions to see the best map made, and the best map made would be put into the game :) thx caboni
    10 years ago
    Wolfie88Wolfie88 Lieutenant Posts: 39 ✭✭✭✭
    carboni123 wrote: »
    Hay I have made a map and everything has worked but...
    - In game my points can not be captured ?
    - also the none playable area is just black
    Please reply to this so i can successfully make maps :)
    Also it would be really good if you made monthly competitions to see the best map made, and the best map made would be put into the game :) thx caboni

Hi Carboni. To be able to capture points you need to check the 'paint capturable' in the spline tool options. OnkelSam explains it very well in this tutorial video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL-AcuCX0Zc it starts at about 18:40 Good Luck :)