New player question.

8 years ago
BaálthazorBaálthazor Junior LieutenantPosts: 535
Hey ho, new players of CoH2.

Not gonna make this a long post since Im tired and all.:cool:

Just seeing the lack of informative(or any posts really) to the "New players" part of the fourm, made me kind sad, cause I remembered how it was jumping into this game fresh on'.... NOT NICE!!!!

So here you go. Post your questions here regarding anything newbie-like and I'll try to answer as well as I can. I may not be HelpingHans, Luvnest or any or the pro's, but they never come around on this forum and nobody else has posted here, so I guess(for the time being), you'll have to settle for me.:cool:

I dont have all the "geek" questions down of the game in respect to specs, stats and the like, but I feel fairly confident that if you ask nicely enough I can hook you with an answer from more knowledgable people than me, such as Vipper, Grittle or some such.:) I've been around this board long enough to ask them via a P.M. if you ask something I cant answer myself, and I know how a P.M. can feel intimidating at first, until you've gotten your barrings on the board.:D Especially when it comes to persons suchs as Grittle, Vipper or Comrade_Daelin which knows too much about this game for their own good and can seem a bit too..., "pro-like" for newcomers..:cool: I might not get an answer, but if I ask nicely Im sure that I will, so feel free to ask me here and I feel confident enough to say that I can answer 7/10 questions from you and the rest I can put in a request for by more knowledgeable players than me...:cool:

So bring it on and we'll get you settled in a jiffy, you'll see.:cool:

PS: If your questions begs answers from the modding community and you dont want to ask them there yourself, I can certainly relay your inquries there aswell, though the modding-community are a bunch of nice-going, but diehard peeps, so chances are I'll simply get "no-can-do" answer, but I will none the less try...:cool::cool:
Also please bear in mind that I do not claim to have ANY PERSONAL CONTACT WITH ANY PERSONS INVOLVED ON THIS BOARD WHATSOEVER! Simply saying that this portion of the board seems a bit empty atm and if I can help a couple of you newcomers in any way possible I would be much happy.:D

PSS: Not trying to seem like a know-it-all here since Im far from it, I just wanna help people towards the decrease of the toxicity of this board since it can be just that, toxic...

Also, if you'd like me in regards to P.M.(Private Mesage) as to who might be rude or not, DO BE WARNED..! "I AM NOT A MOD(moderator) AND I DO HAVE PERSONAL BIASES, as to which peeps I would hook you up with...;)

PSSS: Katitof has forgotten more stuff about this game than the rest of us has ever learned about, BUT BE CAREFUL! Never sign a contract with him involving a blood or small rodent sacrifice... Just saying...;) My right testicle is still just setling in.:eek:

Yours truly;
Baál

Also just for clarification for immidiate newcomers:

Newbie: "A player new to the game at hand, so NO FAULT CAN BE LAYED ON HIS HEAD, as to what is good/wrong behavior and honourably/dishonourably behaviour constitutes"..!

Noòb: "A player which has considerable experience into the game in question, but STILL persists in trying to "cut corners" to try to get as an easy kill/victory as possible, despite the game's best intentions..!

DONT be that guy, guys!!!

Also, as a final "WHATEVER DUDE!!!!, Rommel or Recon42 can certainly direct you if you need to, though they are mods(moderators), so they have enough on their plates as is, so while you can certainly P.M. them if need be, I would advice against it before you have tried every option of asking the community here, because well.., modding the forum here is kinda their job.., UNPAID JOBS that is, so we(community) try to keep their burden down by not troubling them with too much bull**** on the boards..!

Ofc, that dosent count for me, cause whenever I get my beer on, I can behave however I like..!!!!!!!!

Or not! I have actually gotten several infractions(Warnings!) because I was to vocal, lingustic or otherwise too implicit in my opponion of other members, which will ofc NOT BE TOLERATED IN ANY WAY, SHAPE, TYPE OR FORM, SO PLEASE REFRAIN FROM IT!!!

Comments