Using enplacements.

8 years ago
KanelbullenKanelbull… Junior LieutenantPosts: 8
What enplacements have you found most/least usefull?

I was just wondering since theres a lot enplacements that the british have but they take very much resources and some might not be worth the investment.

Comments

8 years ago
    pablonanopablonano Junior Lieutenant Posts: 2,294
    Foward assembly, its the med HQ from OKW that doesnt risk a de-tech and has weapon racks
    8 years ago
    drdoom890drdoom890 Junior Lieutenant Posts: 28 ✭✭✭✭
    only useful one so far is the forward assembly. until relic fixes the leIG, everything else is useless
    8 years ago
    KanelbullenKanelbull… Junior Lieutenant Posts: 8
    Whats a lelG? German mg? sorry im new.
    8 years ago
    y03y03 Junior Lieutenant Posts: 924
    Whats a lelG? German mg? sorry im new.
    Infantry support gun. Basically your mini howitzer.
    8 years ago
    BlitzkriegBlitzkrieg Junior Lieutenant Posts: 62 ✭✭
    The most useful one in my opinion is the Mortar emplacement + Forward Assembly.
    The Bofors is no that useful. I've used it well in some games and has been very effective, however more times than not it will be mortared to death or just rushed with some armour and some shrecks.
    The 17pdr. IF you manage to find a place where it's perfect to use, the problem is this will most likely be late game and they will be able to overwhelm and destroy it or knock it out with off map or artillery/mortars. Also placing down a 17pdr you're using up 400 MP, 75 fuel AND using 20 population for something that's stationary and is purely defensive, and to get the most out of it you either have to spend ANOTHER 250mp on a Forward Assembly or leave a unit garrisoned in it (personally i'd keep the Sniper in it which still costs 360mp). I'd rather save up and bring a tank to the party to be honest, that way you can assist your front lines with a mobile piece of armour.

While I stated the Mortar Emplacement + Forward Assembly are the most useful, there are some games where you can't really use either (like my last game where I encountered an unholy amount of Mortar spam from the Germans), and due to the price of 250 + another 200 for the reinforce + 210 for the engineers, some times i'm not in the position to get that down and go for the cheaper option which is deploying a Forward Glider which for 540mp allows me to reinforce, retreat, build Commando's and gives me a 4 man Air Landing Officer unit.

However overall out of all the things you can build for emplacements, it seems only 2 of them are really worth it.