Countering guards + sniper spam

10 years ago
CaskwineCaskwine MajorPosts: 332 ✭✭✭✭✭
I don't have any magic bullet for this, so i thought i'd ask how others do it. Its a really hard strat to counter as the guards kill the sniper counters, and the snipers kill the guards counters...

At the moment i've been testing out 2 grens, 2 snipers 2 mortars... but thats a fairly heavy t1/t2 build and it quickly fails after the coviets get their tanks out, and i haven't been able to do any more than hold half the map with this...

Comments

10 years ago
    CorsinCorsin Banned Posts: 853
    me and a friend got owned by this last night lol, we really wasn't expecting it but 3 snipers and a guards infantry spam really screwed our early game. so the first match we were pushed into our base fairly quick. and bombed by the 120mm mortars...

Next game we got matched vs the same guys. However this time knowing what was comming... my friend went ostruppen. made 6 squads at the start to overwhelm the snipers. and he rushed for T2.

I went for 2 gren squads and called in a mortar halftrack as soon as i could. i got a lucky incendiary round and killed 2 sniper teams with it. from which they didnt recover...

This tactic is surprisingly effective in 2v2 but it is also with high risk. If you lose snipers to lucky mortars and such, its gg.

But if it does work and all 3 sniper teams are well micro'd then its very difficult to counter. Also only works on maps where people can fight closely together... like Don River for example.. the strat is not so effective on larger spaced out maps such as moscow outskirts. Because the guards cannot protect the snipers well enough and the german players can more freely around the map with the enemy all blobbed in 1 place.

but if you do see russian snipers on the field... think... mortars then a half-track so you dont have to give ground to reinforce.