No Vehicle German tactic

10 years ago
Brandley2142Brandley2… Volunteer ModeratorPosts: 1,043
The idea is that you only use fuel to swap over to your Munitions. if you are only building fuel caches this can be very useful if you decide build vehicles. But why do that when you can match the conscript horde with thousands of 8 cm rockets?

Must use Ostruppen Doctrine

Some little facts about it:
I have never teched to T-3 and of the 13 games I've used this strat I have lost 4 of them. all 1v1s against various ranks (from <25 to 100.)
If the game is going well, on average I float 1000+ munitions while spamming schreks and Railway artillery.
if the game is going bad, on average I float a steady 200. enough to decide on either more schreks or Railway artillery.
Railway Artillery actually has a low cooldown. and since you have infinite munitions it feels like you always have it ready at little to no cost to your munition supply.
this makes it very easy to disengage a fight you dont want to fight, or to break up any soviet defenses. (like the house or lots of maxims and AT guns)

How I play it:

I generally use only 1 or 2 actual ostruppen squads (you dont even need them really, they are terrible). They mainly serve as a distraction for my sniper (or sniper team because nothing beats insta-killing 3+ shock troops in 1 volley. esp if the soviet player thinks the Ostruppen did it. Priceless)
but for the most part, play your game just like you normally would as German, build your MG42s, your grenadiers, and if you're an awful person and decide to use German vehicles get your scout car out if the soviet went T1 ect.

However make sure you ONLY build fuel depots if you build any caches at all.
Once you get command point 3 you should have T-2 up and lots of saved up fuel. start making it all ammunition and build lots of P-grens. If you held your ground defending the fuel points and fuel caches you literally will never have an ammo problem.

The glorious thing about panzerschrek spam is that they either miss or hit. They will never bounce off heavy armor. So even if the Soviet player fields a KV-8 you can have more than enough schreks to overwhelm it.

is a Maxim pinning your schreks down? you have Railway Arty to blow them to bits.

PS- keep in mind this isn't some overwhelming meta changer. It is simply a fun strategy that is bound to fail at some point. keep in mind, when I lost... I lost hard...
and this is easily countered by katyushas. they stay out of sight so neither your infantry or railway artillery can get to it. so to beat that you will need to be skilled at getting behind the russian line.

Comments

10 years ago
    Brandley2142Brandley2… Volunteer Moderator Posts: 1,043
    There you go! here is the replay! With the number of shrecks I had, I effectively 1 shreck volley and insta killed the ISU-152. Shock troops were no problem and neither were the T-70s.

However this game is a best case scenario.

think about how screwed I would have been had he gotten any amount of Katyusha

http://www.gamereplays.org/companyof...ails&id=291855
    10 years ago
    KanonKanon Senior Lieutenant Posts: 128 ✭✭✭
    this will never work vs medium- high lvl players. . U can't use railway arty as your main weapon since u need 16 CP to get it, u are going to lose really quickly without vehicles ( coh2 is vehicle based, inf only strategy will never work, especially as ostheer, since soviets have lot of AI units) 9 CP, kv8 and it's gg, t1, flame car and it's gg, fast t70 and it's gg
    10 years ago
    I personally have never found the KV-8 to be an issue since the amount of panzershrecks can literally 1 volley it and it must run or it will die by the time my 6 upgraded Pgren squads fire again. railway comes in at 12 cp not 16.

this is an abuser strategy much like the soviet sniper/guard spam

but if you had actually read my post Kanon, you would have read that this a fun strategy that doesnt always work.

like I said, when I lost, I lost hard.
    10 years ago
    TopBadgerTopBadger Senior Lieutenant Posts: 114 ✭✭✭
    In that replay, one clown car on those snipers and you'd have lost everything. Interesting tactic however.
    10 years ago
    maybe, ostruppen can faust so it could have gone either way, but I find that a harder counter to german snipers is simply russian snipers.

you should give this a try and put the replay here! I will watch it and marvel at how overprepared for tanks the soviet player is!