When did sniper spam become so popular?

10 years ago
bilsantubilsantu Captain 2nd RankPosts: 504
Simple question. When did sniper spam for Soviets become so popular? What was the catalayst? I can't remember playing against this much same strat game after game before.

Comments

10 years ago
    AlbusAlbus Major Posts: 229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You probably entered the top 100 recently for 3v3/4v4.

There's always one guy who gets two snipers (Not sure if it's a spam but it is insanely effective) and then begins spamming conscripts/guards before holding out for late game armor (T34/85 spam is the more common choice).

Sniper spam exists in this game for the same reason it did in the first game; it's really, really hard to counter in team games and will quickly rape your enemy's manpower.
    10 years ago
    Soul SplitterSoul Spli… Major Posts: 509
    Elite Troops Doctrine. The Soviet sniper is a great counter and I've had quite a few of them vetted 3 today.
    The German sniper is also much more common due to the increased popularity of the Shock Troops.
    10 years ago
    bilsantubilsantu Captain 2nd Rank Posts: 504
    At least MHT becomes available at 1 CP, otherwise, it really is problem to accumulate desired manpower. Still, it's pain in the ass.
    10 years ago
    TomaSkTemplarTomaSkTem… Junior Lieutenant Posts: 1,981
    its definitely good. If they go for vet blobs, in team games 4 snipers to kill 1 squad at a time is still worth it imo. (if its a hardcore PG vet spam - real blobs) That is if your teammate/s has some sort of frontline. Snipers themselves cost 13.5 MP/min so they provide manpower bleed as well - most importantly they keep enemy squads running there and back, bigger map, the bigger the advantage unless zey use ze halftrack
    10 years ago
    alpheeralpheer Captain Posts: 196 ✭✭✭
    Snipers in clowns are so deadly. I managed to learn to micro them very good . If my clown gets a shot from grens , ı quickly get snipers out and continue my micro on feet. It's just a matter of quickness. If everything goes bad , retreat on time : )