Don River

10 years ago
CaskwineCaskwine MajorPosts: 332 ✭✭✭✭✭
I seem to have issues when playing on this map, mainly due to it being a more built up and choke point filled map.

currently i've been failing with my early scout car +sniper combo, so as a question should i use the iced over river more as a flanking route? (i hate having anything on ice, especially tanks...)
or should i push further topside of the map and flank that way? Currently i tend to get bogged down in fighting around the center capture point and bled dry,

if anyone has links of winning on this map as russians(replays would be prefered) it would be much appreciated.

Comments

10 years ago
    Brandley2142Brandley2… Volunteer Moderator Posts: 1,043
    Its better to try and beat your enemy where he is stuck having to cross the ice. machine guns and mortars are especially important. utilize artillery late game for sure. if your doctrine doesnt have artillery, rocket artillery will always be useful. Mine the ice if you can.
    10 years ago
    CorsinCorsin Banned Posts: 853
    Sniper scoutcar should still work ok if you micro it... problem on this map is where it groups both players on a team to fight together... a good tactic is 2 snipers and guard squads on this map (your ally having the guards ofc).

but as a scoutcar sniper you can still keep at max distance and inflict casualties easily, just keep moving after every shot so a mortar doesn't clip you.