German Strategy/Tactics for 1941 (Theatre Of War) - CO-OP Battles

10 years ago
Eddytor ShaksEddytor S… Junior LieutenantPosts: 4
Hey there CoH2 Community!

Well I've been struggling really hard to beat the russians in the first Theatre of War year, especially the the Russian AT (KV-1, T34 and T70) and Germans don't really have a Tank that is strong against the Russian Tanks (1941) so I'm playing the Co-op battle (Germans) and this has been a struggle, I can't think of a suitable tactic and commander for these battles.

If anyone could please share their tactics with me on how they overcame this challenge e.g. what units you build and what you do to keep those Russian Tanks away.

So my current tactic is fairly simple, I recently went for the Defensive commander (community) which allowed me to place tank traps, trenches and such and I also get a good early start; I drain the victory point to around 200 but this is when the Russians come with their KV-1 and other Tanks and their AT Infantry spam which just leads to total annihilation up to our base (I play with AI which are fairly good, but not good enough :P)

I've tried AT guns but I'm not sure this is a good idea because the AI is clever and flanks them and also get killed....

So please if anyone knows a better tactic for General Difficulty please share :)

Thanks,
Eddytor Shaks

Comments

10 years ago
    ValkyrieValkyrie General-Major Posts: 2,059
    Mines. AT Guns. The Pz IV does well with support. AT nades will help against flanks, Pak43 should also be available, and that thing will rip through any tank. Don't rely on Stugs and Panzer Grenadiers for AT however in 1941.

The Germans really did go to war without proper anti-tank weapons. Not even the Pak we get in the game is supposed to be available in 1941, it's far too powerful.
    10 years ago
    Eddytor ShaksEddytor S… Junior Lieutenant Posts: 4
    ok thanks, I'll try this :)
    10 years ago
    James HaleJames Hale Beta Tester Posts: 2,026
    The reason why 1941 ToW is so difficult for the Germans compared with the Soviets is that they don't get the Panzer III, their main spearhead tank during that period. They have to make use of the awful ToW version of the StuG III Ausf. E and the Panzer IV F1, which is expensive and takes up 24 pop.

The Soviets get T-34s (better than anything the Germans have), KV-1s (unbeatable if well-supported) and their doctrinal infantry. The Germans get Panzergrenadiers with MP40s and anti-tank rifles. :D
    10 years ago
    DutchBlakDutchBlak Junior Lieutenant Posts: 1
    Yeah those KV are ridiculous not only are they super strong but they cost like 75 fuel the tactic i have had success with is thus

Set up a defense point at one of the fuels give up other points if you have to a spread out defense wont work get 3-4 AT guns an lay some AT mines this will make you weak against infantry as AT guns are expensive so you need some well set up MGs an good micro with grens if you succeed you need to recap the map very swiftly before you get hit with overwhelming spam

If anyone has a better tactic I'd love to hear it as I still cant beat Crimea map because its 3v3 an they spam 3 KV early an by the time you kill them you are shattered an they have the whole map an I get crushed with overwhelming force an the AI aint much help