suggestions for beating ruyssian infantry early game?

10 years ago
Stryker_VenomStryker_V… Junior LieutenantPosts: 67 ✭✭
ive played at least 20 games and i cant seem to live past the 20 min mark their infantry just out militarizes me i play as the germans so any help would be nice hahah im level 73 and i used to be pretty dam good but now i get crushed early game which makes late game nye impossible.

Comments

10 years ago
    C0ffeebeanzC0ffeebea… General-Colonel Posts: 4,547
    Early game:

-MG42
    -Sniper (amazing once he gets to vet 2)
    -LMG Grenadiers
    -G43 Grenadiers (doctrinal)
    -Assault Grenadiers (doctrinal)
    -mortar half track (doctrinal)

Mid game:

-all of the above + Panzergrenadiers
    -Flame half track (not against Conscripts or Guards though)

Late game:

-Ostwind
    -Brummbar
    (one of the best AI units in the game)

The game has been slightly broken since devs made the huge mistake of making Guards and Shock Troops only 1 CP, so I can understand where you're coming from.
    10 years ago
    ValkyrieValkyrie General-Major Posts: 2,059
    If you want dominance right out of the gate go for Assault Grenadiers. MG spam could also work, but you've got to be good at predicting your enemy's movements if you go for that.

Then transition into Pgrens. Those will rip up pretty much anything.
    10 years ago
    C0ffeebeanzC0ffeebea… General-Colonel Posts: 4,547
    Valkyrie wrote: »
    If you want dominance right out of the gate go for Assault Grenadiers. MG spam could also work, but you've got to be good at predicting your enemy's movements if you go for that.

Then transition into Pgrens. Those will rip up pretty much anything.

Assault Grenadiers are good for early game, but they don't really scale well into late game, especially not when there's so many commanders now with Shock Troops. They're a bad choice against both Soviet Tier 1 and 2 IMO and their only real advantage is early game against normal Conscripts, but that doesn't last very long...Penals also don't really have trouble against them since they can just keep their distance and will usually win, but once they get flamethrower, then AGs stand no chance at all.

I think OP is probably talking about early game Shocks, since they are being unlocked way earlier than they should be. Other than that, I can't really see why he's having trouble against Conscripts or Guards. Even Penals can be countered with LMG42 and G43 Grenadiers. Germans can have both the quality and quantity advantage when it comes to infantry, and p
    eople still seem to greatly underestimate vet 2 and vet 3 Gewehr 43 Grenadiers...They are a huge pain when you have three or four of them, as even Shock Troops stand no chance against them.
    10 years ago
    ValkyrieValkyrie General-Major Posts: 2,059

Assault Grenadiers are good for early game, but they don't really scale well into late game, especially not when there's so many commanders now with Shock Troops. They're a bad choice against both Soviet Tier 1 and 2 IMO and their only real advantage is early game against normal Conscripts, but that doesn't last very long...Penals also don't really have trouble against them since they can just keep their distance and will usually win, but once they get flamethrower, then AGs stand no chance at all.

I think OP is probably talking about early game Shocks, since they are being unlocked way earlier than they should be. Other than that, I can't really see why he's having trouble against Conscripts or Guards. Even Penals can be countered with LMG42 and G43 Grenadiers. Germans can have both the quality and quantity advantage when it comes to infantry, and p
    eople still seem to greatly underestimate vet 2 and vet 3 Gewehr 43 Grenadiers...They are a huge pain when you have three or four of them, as even Shock Troops stand no chance against them.

Yeah I would have given a more detailed reply, if there was a more detailed OP :)

On the note of shocks though - MG spam works quite beautifully against them. Toss in a mortar as well and you can finish them off.
    10 years ago
    acos_nacos_n Major Posts: 512
    Skip T1, stall for T2, build Pgrens.

It works fine for me on most maps. Your average soviet player won't realize they need to rush for a KV-8 either.

Seriously, T1 is more hassle than it's worth for your average German player dealing with human wave tactics.