Can we have an update?

10 years ago
SykASykA LieutenantPosts: 21 ✭✭✭✭
Jolly good chaps from Relic, since you are planning to upodate CoH1, would it be possible to update DoW2R aswell?

Comments

10 years ago
    James HaleJames Hale Beta Tester Posts: 2,026
    They don't still own the DoW IP, do they?
    10 years ago
    SykASykA Lieutenant Posts: 21 ✭✭✭✭
    I believe they still do. But I don't know IF they can update DoW2 with THQ dead and stuff. I hope they can and will update the game.
    10 years ago
    James HaleJames Hale Beta Tester Posts: 2,026
    Ah, okay then, I wasn't sure because I know Gearbox bought the Homeworld IP from THQ, so I had assumed someone else had bought Warhammer and SEGA had just bought CoH. I don't remember reading that they'd bought Warhammer as well, but they certainly may have.

You have a point about updating the old games, but bear this in mind: when SEGA bought CoH, the DoW: Retribution bonus (it was part of the original THQ CoH2 pre-order, along with vCoH complete) was dropped, so...
    10 years ago
    GorbGorb Senior Lieutenant Posts: 65 ✭✭
    A lot of the DoW II team were let go during the time when THQ was attempting to stay afloat.

Why are the DoW II forumites so insistent that just because the CoH team can update CoH, that Dawn of War is in some way recoverable.
    10 years ago
    SykASykA Lieutenant Posts: 21 ✭✭✭✭
    I cannot and will not speak for anyone else but me, as such, I hope that if Relic can and are willing to update DoW2 they will do it for the fans. I want to play DoW2 without running into OPirial Guard (God I hate that faction). I just want a more balanced game. So I thought that if they updated CoH1 they might also update DoW2. I'd guess that a lot of people want to play DoW2 without mods and have a balanced game as well. I'm not gonna break down Relic's door and threaten them with a flamethrower if they won't update the game.