Guard penal strat

10 years ago
CaskwineCaskwine MajorPosts: 332 ✭✭✭✭✭
exactly what it says on the lid, penal battalions for the early game work and core combatant, seeing this, most german players will go for the early light vehicle rush, and then there guards clean that up. works well with guard motor for the 120 mm mortar, guards and t34/85's

Comments

10 years ago
    SergeantKokiSergeantK… Captain Posts: 116 ✭✭✭
    Well I personally just get myself 4 conscript squads in the beginning then buy molotow and at-grenades.
    The a shock troop squad and Im good to go
    2 nades on a halftrack and its either down or near to down.
    Shock troops do enough damage to finish them off.
    10 years ago
    KashmarovKashmarov Senior Lieutenant Posts: 122 ✭✭✭
    Also of note a penal satchel and guard button used together could be effective. It would be muni heavy and hard to pull off tho
    10 years ago
    TomaSkTemplarTomaSkTem… Junior Lieutenant Posts: 1,981
    Am I the only one here that uses penals to counter scout cars just fine ? In larger games you have to keep your force definitely in close proximity to be effective. Guard spam can work if german doesnt make the rapid fire mortar, as most of their weapons require members to be stationary (ptrs, DP), Penals do + 50% dps compared to grenadier K98/Guard mosin and with get 30 *2 accuracy increase for vet. Their problem is they are weak on retreat just as scripts, dont have armor like these guards. Guards are mostly useless against infantry especially vs blobs of PG/AG
    10 years ago
    CaskwineCaskwine Major Posts: 332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kashmarov wrote: »
    Also of note a penal satchel and guard button used together could be effective. It would be muni heavy and hard to pull off tho

I have used this on a tiger ace and a regular tiger to great effect. Here's a link that better explains how it works out. I used 3 penal squads, a sniper clown car, mines, t34/85's and su 85's in this game. the mines help alot with the satchel charging of the tanks.

http://www.coh2.org/replays/12307/long-hard-game...

I had a fair bit of trouble early do to the elite troops doctrine fast vet, but once i got vet1/vet 2 with my penals and guards things evened up nicely