File I/O and CURL

10 years ago
JaffarJaffar Junior LieutenantPosts: 3
I would like to lobby for getting file i/o and curl support for COH2 modding. The ability to read/write to local files and/or a remote website are crucial to really being able to mod effectively and the only way to persist data for single player skirmish and campaign modding since you can not save/load games from scar (which would be a nice addition as well).

I've been working for 2 years on a mod that relies on persistent data that has just been rendered dead by the latest steam patch n COH1. I would have liked to carry it forward to COH2 when modding support increases but without these features there is no way to do persistence.

Thank you.

[EDIT] I'm not asking for it to be enabled for multi-player which would obviously be a cheat exploit.

Comments

10 years ago
    JesusOfCalgaryJesusOfCa… Lieutenant Posts: 45 ✭✭✭✭
    I second this, my mod uses persistence in the form of carrying veteran squads over from match to match, and without this Nam '67 is pretty much dead for the time being because I used this for multiplayer and singleplayer, I hope this isn't permanent :/
    10 years ago
    eliw00deliw00d General-Major Posts: 1,081
    Technically, being able to load DLLs was what Relic disabled. Losing the ability to use cURL and IO is a by-product of that, and I cannot think of too many ways they, on their own, could be used to cheat or exploit. Being able to load any custom DLL could allow for UI overlays and other things.

But, yes, I think support for cURL and IO would be great for both games. CoH2 uses cURL internally for sending info to Relic's servers, so if Relic created their own functions in SCAR that are tied to cURL and IO, that would not require a custom DLL.