Guards and Motor Tactics

10 years ago
alpheeralpheer CaptainPosts: 196 ✭✭✭
Hi all , i would like to talk on this commander which is not being criticised too much. It has a good combination of infantry and tanks call in a reasonable time and resources. 120 mm mortar is effective and stronger than regular mortars at counters. Guards can be upgraded to dp's which are more effective on grens and other infantry: Also can blow off broken tanks easily , especially when in shelter. The key point of this strategy is putting mines on every strategic point avaliable on map. Fuels , vic points , key intersections , etc. Of course you have to put ammo cache(s) in order to speed up the process. Opening : 1 cons , T1 , scout sniper very early to deal wit grens and gg : ) I have stopped using industry commander and using this one at the moment. What do u think ?

Comments

10 years ago
    James HaleJames Hale Beta Tester Posts: 2,026
    Guard Motor is a very popular commander, and deservedly so. Since T-34/85s were 'fixed' (i.e. made more affordable and given a combat buff) and Mark Target is now unlocked a little later, I think it's a fairly well-balanced choice. My only issue right now is that 120mm mortars are quite expensive and are unlocked too soon IMO. I'd rather they went back to being 360 MP if the devs wish for them to keep the accuracy and damage nerfs.

If you like T-34/85s, try the Armored Assault commander. Now that Radio Intercept is working properly and is available at 0 CP, it makes the early game much more interesting.
    10 years ago
    KashmarovKashmarov Senior Lieutenant Posts: 122 ✭✭✭
    I agree with Hale, and Armored Assault is also very viable. The radio intercept is great for catching Assault Grenadiers early on and preparing for them by going T1 and getting M3A1s. Your late game is strong too. Also the vehicle repair ability is really underrated, I find when im using a commander without it I am really lacking repair turnaround and sandbagging too many munitions.