German 1v1 infantry heavy tactic

10 years ago
Vladislavs89Vladislav… MajorPosts: 263 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hi guys,

I'm a somewhat medium-level player and for the past couple of games have been experimenting with few interesting tactics. One of them is going very heavy on T1 and not advancing past T2 building. This approach revolves a lot around the infantry play and I believe has it advantages. By around 15 minute mark I usually have a munitions cache, 3-4 Grenadier squads (all with LMGs), 1 Panzergrenadier (with panzerschrecks), 2 mortars, 2 mgs, 2-3 Paks (depending on the situation) and a Halftrack (to reinforce troops right at the frontline). Also, a lot of AT mines.

I also go with the doctrine that offers a somewhat powerfull call-in unit (Tiger, Elefant, PAK-43, Panzer IV command tanks) later in the game.

The main drawback of this approach is that you have to seize ground fast in the beginning and then dig in. At around 12-minute mark the first Soviet armor arrives. With so much infantry and PAKs + mines, it is not too dangerous, but makes any further attacks somewhat problematic. For instance, it becomes nearly impossible to break out, if you are on the backfoot. Shocktroops also present a bit of a nuisance.

What do you guys think? Can this sort of approach work against some decent players or is it just messing around? Or can the build be improved (without going past T2 building)?

Comments

10 years ago
    bobop6bobop6 Major Posts: 383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Using an approach similar to this (fewer mines, more fausts, some mortar HTs) I have one quite a few battles against medium (i.e. lvls50-75) players. However, fighting shocks or soviet industry tactics becomes a major problem. So really it can work well, but shouldn't be relied on.
    10 years ago
    ValkyrieValkyrie General-Major Posts: 2,059
    Extended tier 1 is actually quite common, and it's pretty good. Getting into T2 or T3 for AT is vital however, and it seems like you're pulling off that very nicely.

It's a good strat, but there is no "one true strat to rule them all", so don't except it to win every single game for you. It will help you in quite a few, but not every single one.
    10 years ago
    RounceRounce Major Posts: 633
    Sounds like katushyas own you tbh
    10 years ago
    RommelDieTrommelRommelDie… Junior Lieutenant Posts: 3
    Great advice, But one question though since this Is an Infantry heavy tactics how would it work out with Jäger Infantry Or Perhaps the Inf. Doctorine? :)
    10 years ago
    James HaleJames Hale Beta Tester Posts: 2,026
    I've started using Jaeger Infantry Doctrine more since the patch, now that Ambush Camouflage is fixed. I love hiding MG-42s in bushes. :D