Is T34 safer than SU-85?

10 years ago
KruppsteelKruppsteel CaptainPosts: 154 ✭✭✭
It seems that after the SU-85 received some nerfs and the T-34 was buffed, Tier 3 is not only a good option for Soviets but preferred! What do you guys think?

With going T3 to T-34s, you can build up 3-4 in a game. With that many, you can ram the German heavy armor and still have some to spare. If you're stuck with SU-85s, you might find yourself getting out flanked and unable to penetrate Tigers, panthers, and elefants. Also, since the patch, a T-34 does better damage/penetration vs armor and is still a great AI tank.

Seems like T3 is the safest bet, at least in a 1v1, for now.

Comments

10 years ago
    FelinewolfieFelinewol… Major Posts: 549
    Oh yea. In 1 vs 1, Go T3 for sure. In 4x4, someone has to go T4 :D They're support. Not front line, you know :D
    10 years ago
    James HaleJames Hale Beta Tester Posts: 2,026
    It's a shame the T-34/85 is currently limited to two commanders, as it's probably the most useful call-in the Soviets have. Hopefully we get another free/community commander with them at some point.
    10 years ago
    stratigostratigo Lieutenant Posts: 36 ✭✭✭✭
    I do find it strange that the panther is a produced unit while the 34-85 is a rare call in. The 34-85 had replaced the 34-76 largely by the end of the war and there were 3 times the 34-85 then there were any kind of panther.

It is a problem for the soviets that they have no strong expensive tank equivalent to a panther they can produce and their infantry gets no reliable AT.
    10 years ago
    ValkyrieValkyrie General-Major Posts: 2,059
    I'm still going to prefer my KV-1s instead of the T34/76s. I'd love to see a heavier non doctrinal tank for the Soviets. They really need it.
    10 years ago
    Elite930Elite930 General-Major Posts: 1,792
    Well this topic is little bit 2 sided. Su-85 is one non-dotrical tank what has one of best firerate aswell max peneration on unit (170). But t-34/76 is really good tank to because its mobility. So to ask what is more safe pick id say neither. Both has so great weaknesses aswell its wise to have both in battlefield, even if its open area or urban map.

We all know su-85 is rare sight in battlefield these days because of speed neft. But it has lot potenttial talents to take out enemy tanks whit higher chance survival. But because of buffs of t-34/76 aswell su-85 nefts. Lot of players dont have skill to controll this tank best way, Even more because bad patfinding aswell new threats whast disable it 2 shots. Meybe after buffs it could be wise choise tank but curret state its corridor carpet to german tanks drive over.

T-34/76 is now the best choise tank if u have good tactical knowlage to use this unit. this unit cant frontally fight any enemy armor what has over 100 pen at ability. But when its number aswell lot os support it can be beast. But if enemy has armor advantage on battle like more numbers. It can bring in mind why i didnt choose su-85 or why ally didnt build it.

In short both are not wise choise alone but when together they are best. Other disable some high threats aswell kill infantry and another kill enemy heavy armor at distance.