SOVIET - Countering Assault/Panzer gren spam? (1v1/2v2)

10 years ago
TopBadgerTopBadger Senior LieutenantPosts: 114 ✭✭✭
Both Assault grenadiers and Panzer grenadiers come with deadly sub-machine guns and grenades which rip through infantry with ease.

My question for all you Soviet players out there is how do you counter it if you don't know it's coming? Say you do the usual start, 3 conscripts, maybe some Molotov and a sniper. Using this basic arsenal - T0 & T1 - how can you defend your territory against a relentless downpour of German-engineered sub-machine gun?

I myself am level 100 but I almost exclusively play with a friend. We have encountered this spam on a suddenly large number of occasions and every time we've been brutally defeated because they wiped our Conscripts in the early game.

Advice, tips, strategies, tactics and cake would really help us overcome this predictable yet seemingly unstoppable tactic.

Thanks in advance fellow Soviet players.

Comments

10 years ago
    KashmarovKashmarov Senior Lieutenant Posts: 122 ✭✭✭
    The key thing you said in the OP was "if you don't know its coming". I always catch assault grens with radio intercept and let my comrades know its coming. Then we build the appropriate and forementioned counters. I dont even put flame engs in the car. The car by itself counters them
    10 years ago
    James HaleJames Hale Beta Tester Posts: 2,026
    Kashmarov wrote: »
    I always catch assault grens with radio intercept and let my comrades know its coming.
    That's very interesting.

Can you confirm that, as of the current patch, Radio Intercept does pick up Assault Grenadiers? I have it down as a bug right now (a few people have reported it) and I also think Osttruppen are not reported by it, either.
    10 years ago
    TomaSkTemplarTomaSkTem… Junior Lieutenant Posts: 1,981
    osttruppen - due to the thing being used so few times it mostly goes under the radar. Osttruppen as I wrote in bugreport thread dont get any notion.

on open maps I make penals, hold them at range, the more you have the bigger advantage youll have. You dont have to blob exactly, if they have a big blob, throw a satchel in front of them and they will think twice about charging into melee range. Rest of your squads should keep their distance. Focus fire. PGs are more expensive to reinforce as well, along doing just over the top damage on the move, better targets to fire at. Avoid bombarded areas so approaching to you they wont have yellow cover, because when assgrens/PGs win easily when charging with that bonus, in such cases penals got to have flamers.

also if other players have infantry you can just make 2-3-4 snipers. Most of the time you dont reinforce :D if you lose them theyre lost but at least they do damage.

the part about T-34 76 being comparable to a Pz IV while being slightly less expensive fuel-wise ... LOLOLOL :D

Pz IV hardcounters T-34 so bad its not even funny. You have to have 2 T-34 to take out single Pz IV, but losing 1 T-34 in the process is almost guaranteed. I dont call that a slight difference.

T-34 deals 12 dps vs Pz IV front. Pz IV deals 25.33 dps to a T-34. T-34 76 / KV 1 requires 53 seconds to kill T-3 german tank for 115 fuel.
    Panzer IV takes 25.26 seconds to kill a T-34. There is no slight difference between these 2. Pz IV can kill 2 T-34 one by one without repairs. If anything T-34 is armorless ram. Effective only in numbers ... as if 85 fuel vs 115 justified this gross difference in performance. It doesnt. Ram is an excuse to keep T-34, KV-1 weak.

The only really comparable tank soviets get to the pz IV is T-34 85. Not 76 lol
    10 years ago
    KashmarovKashmarov Senior Lieutenant Posts: 122 ✭✭✭
    Can confirm radio intercept picks up both assault grens and ostruppen
    10 years ago
    James HaleJames Hale Beta Tester Posts: 2,026
    Right, so we have mixed reports here, and I've definitely seen this mentioned elsewhere.